Saturday 23 May 2009

A short outing

A couple of friends were down from Newcastle for the bank holiday and came by to see how I was doing. We ventured out to our local South American restaurant which usually a two minute walk away. I've been following my physio's advice and have been trying to get the swelling down in my knee so have spent the last few days doing my exercises, elevating and icing my knee and only walking in the flat.

It was nice to get outside beyond the garden but I took my crutches with me, mainly to get other people out of my way. It turned out I needed them. I took my time walking slowly to the restaurant and my knee was aching by the time we arrived. I found a spare chair and managed to have my leg raised for most of the meal. On the way back I found I needed the crutches to take some pressure off my healing knee and coming into our street I found me knee was jarring. I've spent the rest of the day with icepacks and am currently lying with my leg up at 45 degrees on the lilo and duvet leg rest we improvised. The swelling is coming down slowly but surely.

I have to say I am very bored at the moment. I was hoping my leg would have been a bit tougher and ready for walking by now. I have to remind myself I'm not even 3 weeks post surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment