Wednesday 13 May 2009

Day 8 - Flex on

Today I managed all 3 sets of flexion exercises without too much bother. I still have the tight knee sensation but easily managed to bend my knee to 90 degrees with only minor discomfort. At the moment I can do 10 reps, rest for a minute, then do 10 more. My lower quad tightening and co-contraction exercises are getting easier too, I no longer need to place my hand behind my knee to feel if my hamstrings are working. I can feel them working.

In the evening I'm still getting the odd scratchy sensation behind my knee and I'm still finding it icky. I forced myself to massage behind my knee despite it creeping me out. It's odd how I don't feel it in the morning. Must be something to do with the swelling that builds up over the day.

The pain has been more of a minor discomfort, mostly at 3/10 but with occasional 8/10 stabs when I forget I have an injured knee and try and move normally, usually something which applies a twisting force to my knee. Obviously I stop what I'm doing and find a better way to move.

I managed to be more comfortable in the lounge today and watched a few hours of TV. Coronation Street was very silly and very funny, as was The Apprentice. I'm in a sweepstake for the Apprentice this year which makes viewing more interesting and much more tense.

No comments:

Post a Comment