Saturday 30 May 2009

My first solo outing

My knee was feeling pretty good today so I ventured out to my local knitting shop. I'm friends with one of the staff so she was expecting me. I took one crutch with me which I half used, mainly to get stupid people out of my way - it doesn't work with North London yummy mummies, their children are far too precious to look where they are going. I did find the crutch useful to take some of the weight off my knee.

I made it to the shop OK although it was surprisingly busy when I arrived and had two precocious little girls who were very bright but spatially gormless, just like their mother. One of them backed into my crutch twice, I asked her to be careful and the mother noticed but didn't bat an eyelid. The shop is quite small, my fried got me a stool to sit on but I felt I was in the way so I went and sat on a chair outside til the rush died down. It was worth the wait. I had a lovely chat with the staff, who gave me a cup of tea and a comfy chair. I'd taken my icepack with me so iced my knee while reading knitting magazines.

I got home OK although my leg was feeling a little sore. I iced it again. The trip out did me a world of good and I even had enough energy to cook tea. Although I didn't do the washing up.

Distance walked: 1.5km

No comments:

Post a Comment