Sunday 24 May 2009

Ice ice baby

Well it seems the endless leg elevation and icing have paid off any my knee feels loads better today. I made it to our local farmers market which is a whopping 500m return trip. I took my crutches with me although I think I'm better off just using one.

Despite being on crutches a few people thought their children took priority on the pavement. It's not as if their speshul snowflakes would have to walk in traffic, just step out of my way so I wouldn't have to manoeuvre sideways. Luckily they were in the minority and most people were kind and gave me space to get past.

The weather was glorious so I spent the afternoon tinkering in the garden. I tried going up the stairs bad leg first but I'm not quite ready for that. I can do it but it hurts.

My exercises are getting easier although my mind wandered while balancing on one leg while cleaning my teeth and I nearly toppled sideways in the style of Mrs Doyle. Luckily I caught the sink in time so disaster was averted. The bruise from the hamstring harvest has almost disappeared and I realised I haven't had the weird scratchy feeling behind my knee for several days. I'm still getting calf pain when I do isometric hamstring curls but I can usually work through it. Calf stretches seems to help with this exercise. Knee flexion is gradually improving. I'm comparing my progress against my good knee flexion and can bend my bad knee as far as the big toe joint on my good leg. I still have pins and needles in my shin although this has lessened.

No comments:

Post a Comment